A list of some of our AFS Arizona chapter events:
- Grand Canyon Hiking and Camping Trip
- Prescott Trip
- AFS Mini-Golf Fundraiser
- AFS Horseback Riding: This event is for students, families and volunteers and includes a museum scavenger hunt, Native American lunch, horseback ride, cowboy hats, and a hay wagon ride.
- Tucson Rodeo: This event involves watching junior roping, barrel racing, steer wrestling, and bull riding. Those who attend also enjoy turkey legs, corn on a stick, and fry bread.
- Phoenix Weekend: For those considering hosting a foreign exchange student. This is an opportunity to host for an extended weekend and experience what it might be like to host for a semester or year. Daytime activities are provided for students. Your family will be invited to join our AFS community for dinner on Friday night. Check back for more details. The event is typically the 4th weekend in January. For more information, or to RSVP, please contact Linda Watko ([email protected]).
- Project Change: Students in grades 8-12 are invited to submit an idea for a volunteer project addressing a contemporary global issue in one of seven countries. The Grand Prize winner will travel abroad this summer on a 10-15 day program to put their vision into action on a Global Prep program custom-designed around their project idea. Additional winners will receive full scholarships to join the winning project. A past grand prize winner had the chance to go abroad with a group of her peers and empower children in Guatemala to make educated decisions about sustainability. More details about Project Change, can be found here.
Check out the 2023/2024 calendar of events link for more.