Every year the Arizona AFS Team welcomes foreign students and sends American students off to live in foreign countries. Our ability to do this depends on our committed volunteers, who are the heart and soul of AFS! We are always looking for more support to enrich student and host family experiences. Join us by signing up here. If you are currently a volunteer, please click here to access your account.
Provide friendship and support as a:
• liaison, the key contact for the student and host family
• temporary or emergency host family
• mentor for students going abroad
Join us at one of our many gatherings! You can look forward to:
• hikes, tours and other excursions
• Halloween party, winter holiday party
• trips to the Grand Canyon
• host family appreciation dinners, pool parties and more!
Want to do something meaningful, but don’t have a lot of time? No problem! Pitch in for a few hours to:
• interview prospective students and host families
• mentor an applicant
• assist with a school presentation
• accompany students on outings and orientations
Be a team leader for:
• activities for students like weekend trips, day hikes, sightseeing
• interviewing students and families
• shopping for food for student orientations
• volunteer development
• school relations
For more information about joining our chapter, please contact Andre Gordon (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Susan Sandler (email@example.com).
Our Volunteer Superheroes!